Grass Cutting & Management
Providing efficient commercial grass cutting and maintenance services across East Anglia
At Excite Solutions, we use current, quality management software and technology, enabling superb grass cutting productivity allowing us to pass the cost savings on to our clients. We have the expertise and up-to-date equipment to mow and manage large sites, delivering you a complete service that is adaptable, efficient and cost-effective.
Our fleet ranges from walk-behind battery operated mowers to 16ft wide gang mowers, allowing us to access, cut and maintain your grass areas of any size with competence. Local authorities use us to maintain very large areas, schools grounds, parks, bridleways, footpaths, verges, church yards and playing fields.
- LONG OR ROUGH AREAS – the Trimax FX155 out-front flail mower is attached to a John Deere 1545. It is 2 or 4 wheel drive, capable of reaching areas mid-mounted lawn mowers are unable to access. It is suitable for meadows, footpaths, bridleways, roadsides, parks, schools and commercial turfed areas. The grass clippings are mulched then evenly dispersed behind the mower for a neat and tidy finish. When using an out-front mower, the operator has more visibility, therefore it’s safer and more precise when cutting. The rear roller not only allows the mower to cut along kerbsides and banks without the blade striking the turf, it also produces an attractive striping effect.
- MOWING LARGE AREAS – our Case Luxxum tractor with a Trimax Pegasus 4.9m (16ft) gang mower is efficient for cutting large areas. The Ransomes batwing MP653xc gang mower has an impressive cutting width of 4.27m (14ft), allowing us to cut up to 10 acres per hour, it has 9 rotary blades, discharges to the rear, has a zero degree turning circle. Additionally the wings fold away for versatility, allowing us to reach tight spaces (as little as 165cm) which is particularly useful for mowing around play equipment, trees, picnic benches etc.
- AMENITY CUTTING – we use John Deere and Kubota zero turn mowers, all machines have mulching blades and can rotate on a sixpence, allowing for extremely efficient manoeuvrability when cutting around numerous fixed obstacles within large areas. The performance of these are machines is exceptional when mowing around churchyards, cemeteries, play equipment, trees, seating, school grounds etc. Each have ROPS (roll over protection system), are road registered and have twin fuel tanks – minimising refuelling on-site.
- FINE TURF CUTTING – our tractor mounted finishing mower is ideal for cutting formal lawns, sports fields, camping/glamping sites and large areas of land – with a front and rear roller it leaves a superb finish.
- SMALL AREAS – in our fleet we have Stihl battery pedestrian mowers (walk-behind) – they mulch, collect or collect and roll whilst offering zero emissions, low noise, low vibration and are lightweight.
- BRUSH CUTTING – is similar to a strimming, however, the brush cutter usually has metal blades that is used to cut vegetation such as brambles, tree saplings, nettles and other foliage.
- STRIMMING – is an integral part of grass cutting making an area look neat after it has been mowed.
- VERTI-DRAINING – the verti-drain de-compacts soil, helps alleviate water-logging and deeply aerates the ground to promote a healthy root structure and drainage.
- ROLLING – is used to flatten worm casts; after seeding, and can be used to firm top dressing, it also creates beautiful dramatic stripes on your lawn.
- AERATION – using our slitter, it allows oxygen to penetrate down to the root improving the infiltration of water and nutrients.
- SEED PREPARATION and SEEDING – our stone burier is a unique pierce of machinery that is designed to execute the optimal soil preparation. It rotavates, rakes and rolls the ground burying stones and clods leaving a fine tilth ready for seeding. Our Blec seeder can seed up to 20,000m2 in a day, this can be a cost affective way of creating a new lawn.
- WEED CONTROL – herbicidal treatment is only applied by our staff who hold PA1 and PA6 certificates. We are NPTC certified in the use of knapsack and boom sprayers (up to 3 metres) and complete a COSHH report upon every application. We use a glyphosate based herbicide which prevents the plants from making particular proteins required to grow, it is effective on grasses, woody plants and broad-leaf weeds, however, before deciding to spray we will first use other methods of weed control.